DBDBD 2022 - The Dutch-Belgian Database Day
Friday 16 December 2022, Utrecht, Netherlands
The Dutch-Belgian DataBase Day (DBDBD) is a yearly one-day workshop, organized in a Belgian or Dutch university, whose general topic is database research. DBDBD 2020 will be held in Utrecht, Netherlands. Due to the cooperation between SIKS and the local organization of DBDBD, registration for SIKS-members is free. Junior and senior researchers from the Netherlands and Belgium can present their recent results, and meet senior researchers in the field of data management. It is an excellent opportunity to meet up with your Belgian/Dutch colleagues, and to get informed about the (recent) database-related research performed in Belgian/Dutch universities. The workshop typically consists of oral and poster presentations and welcomes also non-Belgian/Dutch participants (presentations are in English). This year edition is organized and hosted by the Data Intensive Systems Group of Utrecht University, and is sponsored by SIKS, the Netherlands Research School for Information and Knowledge Systems.
In memory of Martin Kersten, a pioneer Database Researcher.
The event will take place at the premises of Instituto Cervantes in the center of Utrecht. The location is: Domplein 3, 3512 JC Utrecht, Nederlands.
Participation in the event has a 65 Euros fee. Due to the cooperation between SIKS and the local organization, registration for SIKS-members is free. To register, fill up your data in this form. Right after, if you are not a SIKS-member, please pay the registration fee by clicking at this link and send a simple confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
09:00-9:30, Invited Talk 1:
- Paul Groth, "Knowledge Graphs as Systems"
09:30-10:30, Session Graphs:
- Daniël ten Wolde, "DuckPGQ: Efficient Property Graph Queries in an analytical RDBMS"
- Christos Koutras, Rihan Hai, Kyriakos Psarakis, Marios Fragkoulis and Asterios Katsifodimos, "SiMa: Effective and Efficient Matching Across Data Silos Using Graph Neural Networks"
- Jacopo Urbani, "Blending Uncertainty and Reasoning for advanced Query Answering at Scale "
- Dimitrios Alivanistos, Max Berrendorf, Michael Cochez and Mikhail Galkin, "Query Embedding on Hyper-relational Knowledge Graphs"
10:30-11:00, Coffee Break
11:00-11:30, Invited Talk 2:
- Floris Geerts, "GNNs as queries"
11:30-12:30, Session Distributed Systems:
- Wenbo Sun and Rihan Hai, "Performance Evaluation and Analysis of GPU Join Processing "
- Orson R. L. Peters, "Efficient In-Memory Adaptive Stable Sorting"
- Tim Baccaert, "Staying CALM Beyond Deterministic Queries "
- Niels Bylois, Frank Neven and Stijn Vansummeren, "Data Ingestion Validation through Stable Conditional Metrics with Ranking and Filtering"
13:00-14:30, Lunch Break & DSPN Meeting
14:30-15:00, Invited Talk 3:
- Themis Palpanas, "Complex High-Dimensional Vector Analytics at Scale: A Promising Future"
15:00-16:30, Session Data Integration and Quality:
- Stefan Grafberger, Paul Groth and Sebastian Schelter, "mlwhatif: Data-Centric What-If Analysis for Native Machine Learning Pipelines"
- Rihan Hai, "Data Integration Meets Machine Learning"
- Till Döhmen, "Database Schemas in the Wild: What Can We Learn from a Large Corpus of Relational Database Schemas?"
- Vahid Shahrivari, Ioana Karnstedt-Hulpus, "Analysing Similarity Graphs for Credit Card Fraud Detection"
16:00-16:30, Coffee Break
16:30-17:30, Session Next Steps & Posters:
- All, "What I will be working on next year" show
- All, "Poster Session"
- Winkel van Sinkel, Oudegracht 158, 3511 AZ Utrecht
We solicit single-page abstracts of either published work or research in progress. We plan to make a selection of papers that will be presented as a talk, or poster. We invite submissions on all topics related to data management, including but not limited to:
- data storage, indexing, and management;
- database theory, data models, semantics and languages;
- database performance and scalability;
- data integration, data quality, data cleaning, ontologies;
- data mining, machine learning, information retrieval;
- data security, privacy and personalization;
- big data and data science
- the title of the presentation;
- the name and affiliation of the prospective speaker;
- an abstract of the presentation;
- reference(s) to papers covered by the proposed presentation.
- Submission Deadline: 15 November 2022
- Notification of Acceptance: 29 November 2022
- Early Registration Deadline: 5 December 2022
- Yannis Velegrakis, General Chair
- Mel Chekol, Program co-Chair
- Hakim Qahtan, Program co-Chair
For clarifications, issues, or any other form of information, contact the organizing committee at: email@example.com
- DBDBD 2021 Delft
- DBDBD 2020 Brussels
- DBDBD 2019 's-Hertogenbosch
- DBDBD 2018 Hasselt
- DBDBD 2017 Eindhoven
- DBDBD 2016 Mons
- DBDBD 2015 Amsterdam
- DBDBD 2014 Antwerp
- DBDBD 2013 Rotterdam
- DBDBD 2012 Brussels
- DBDBD 2011 Twente
- DBDBD 2010 Hasselt
- DBDBD 2009 Delft
- DBDBD 2008 Namur
- DBDBD 2007 Eindhoven
- DBDBD 2006 Brussels
- DBDBD 2005 Amsterdam
- DBDBD 2004 Antwerp